Fall is the beginning of “cuffing season”. What’s cuffing season? It’s the season that people WANT to be in a relationship. Summer is over, it’s getting colder, and you just want to be snuggled up with someone for all the holiday activities. So, I’ve put together ten fun date ideas that you can do with your special someone this season.
1. Haunted Amusement Parks: Almost every amusement park (Kings Dominion, Six Flags, and Busch Gardens, just to name a few) has some kind of Halloween themed event in October – Haunted houses, scary clowns, AND the rides. It’s a great way to get up close and personal your boo – hehe get it? Boo!
2. Pumpkin Picking & Carving: Head to your local farm, maybe see some cute baby animals while you’re there, and pick out the biggest pumpkin to take home and carve together. Here’s a great recipe to bake your pumpkin seeds too!
3. Apple Picking: Pumpkins aren’t the only thing to pick this season. Find an orchard and fill a bag with apples, most of the orchards offer cider and donuts too! Once you get home you can even bake a homemade apple pie.
4. Glow: 1000’s of carved pumpkins that are intricately put together to make amazing designs and creatures. There are a few locations and other events similar to this one if you don’t live in a city with this particular one. There’s one in New York called RISE of the Jack O’Lantern too!
5. Haunted Houses/Ghost Tours: Eastern State Penitentiary, Shocktober, Pennhurst Asylum, or the Headless Horseman Hayrides and Haunted Houses – these are a few of the ones I’ve been to or have heard great things about from friends! Shocktober and Eastern State Penitentiary are especially cool because they are said to actually be haunted.
These are some pictures I took at Eastern State Penitentiary on a REGULAR day! Can you imagine it during the Halloween events?!
6. Get lost in a cornfield maze: ok, maybe this one is a little… corny or maybe that’s just me haha but I love trying to figure out mazes. It could also be a good activity to see how well you and your boo work together or have some friendly competition to see who can get out first!
7. Have a bonfire, roast marshmallows, and make s’mores: This is just a given to be a great time to be snuggly and warm outside and just spend some time together
8. Have a scary movie night: Friday the 13th, IT, Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Halloween, Hocus Pocus, and Halloweentown (ok, those two aren’t scary but they’re classics!), The Conjuring, The Amityville Horror, Orphan… I could go on and on.
9. Oktoberfest events: Try out some new beer, good food, and maybe even learn a little about the origin of Oktoberfest. Did you know that the real Oktoberfest in Germany usually has 6.2 million people come to it and 7.5 million liters of beer?!
10. Dress up: Hand out candy to the kids before hitting the bars and parties for the adult Halloween activities when darkness falls.
Do all of these, do some of these, I hope I gave you some fun ideas of how to spend your upcoming weekends! Comment below if you have some other great date ideas!