I’m so excited! I want to thank Diana & Hope from MVMT Blog for nominating me for The Liebster Award! Diana & Hope are sisters who love to travel; I met through the awesome Facebook group: Girls Love Travel. They write about their own travel experiences and also provide tips for both the beginner traveler and the more experienced traveler. You can check out some great pictures from their travel adventures on their Instagram! I also want to give all my readers a shout out, especially my subscribers, for for being here and supporting me! If you are nominated and choose to accept the award there are a couple things you must do. You can read more about the Liebster Award and the official rules here.
Here are my answers to Hope & Diana’s questions:
- When did you take your first trip out of the country? I’ve been traveling since I was a baby! I was born in Switzerland so my first trip was probably when I was baptized in Italy.
- How many countries have you travelled to?
I think about 10… USA, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, England, Sicily, Canada, Barbados, St. Martin, Bahamas and Thailand. It’s possible I’m forgetting some but I still have a lot more to go!
- If you had to pick your top 3 countries, what would they be and why?
Thailand, America, and Barbados
It’s so hard to say why I love these countries because they are all so different, but all so beautiful!
Thailand has the most amazing food and fresh fruit. The shopping is great and the culture you get to experience is just something I feel like I can’t really explain unless you’ve been there!
America has so much to offer. You can go to one side and see whales and the biggest trees nature has to offer, you can go to the middle and find desserts and canyons that are more beautiful than any picture can capture, and then you can head to the other side and find some of the most historical locations in the country.
Barbados was and will always be my home so of course it will be in my top favourite. You will find some of the top beaches in the world, great food, and of course the rum and the festivities are something people will travel from all over to be a part of. Everyone is laid back and functions on “island time” so it’s also a great place to get away from everything and just relax.
- Which city/country did you grow up in?
St. George (not a city, a parish), Barbados!
- Which city/country are you based in currently?
Fairfax, VA, USA
- How long have you been blogging?
Since February 2016 but didn’t start to actually focus and work on it until July/August 2016.
- What or who inspired you to start blogging?
This is a tough question. I’ve had a journal/diary since I was a little girl and as I read them now my stories were always so “unBRIElievable”. I felt like it would be fun to document them somewhere that the rest of the world could also benefit from my crazy life! I tried to start one back in college but that failed and then I saw a lot of friends blogging and it seemed fun so I wanted to try and start again! So here I am!
- Do you travel full time? If not, how do you balance having a full time job and travelling? I work from home with a health and wellness company called It Works! so I can travel whenever I want because I can work from almost anywhere so it’s awesome!
- What’s the most important piece of advice you can give to new travelers?
Make sure you do your research. I’m a planner so I always have a list of the places I’d like to see. It’s also safer to have some kind of itinerary planned out so others know where you are in case something happens.
- What are three trips at the top of your bucket list at the moment?
An American road trip – My goal is to see all the national parks and weird roadside attractions that America has to offer. I also am on a mission to try donuts in all 50 states.
Iceland – to see the Northern Lights and swim in the Blue Lagoon!
Africa – to go on a safari.
- Where are you off to next?
This month I’m headed to Canada, Montreal and then NYC!
10 Random Facts About Me:
- I love donuts and bacon
- I have two cats and am a shameless cat lady
- I love the Christmas season so much it hurts – It’s not even about Christmas Day but I love the decorations and the smells, just the whole atmosphere around that time of year!
- I have zero fashion sense (which is why this is NOT a fashion blog)
- One of my biggest goals in life is to publish a novel
- I love nature but would never go camping
- I have 7 siblings in one way or another
- I have my own business with It Works!
- I’m the worst when it comes to sports
- I’m the best when it comes to planning and being the “mom”
My Nominees for The Liebster Award:
- Stacey, a Travel blogger and fellow Bajan at Wandering Bajan
- Jenny, a Crafting blogger and Instagram friend at Off Your Trolley Designs
- Hannah, a Business & Budgeting momma blogger, and also one of my business partners at Found Our Freedom
- Ani, a Motivational blogger and incredible Life Coach at Ani Anderson
- Lexi, a Lifestyle blogger from Canada and Instagram friend at Life of Lexi
- Brheanna, a Fashion blogger, one of my soroity sisters, news anchor, and possibly our next Miss USA at Dear NoLa
- Jamie, one of my best friends from college, in a niche of her own writes about her journey with Lyme Disease in hopes to spread awareness at How I Found an Invincible Me
- Kristen, a Home Improvement & Lifestyle blogger, another one of my sorority sisters at An Aspiring Abode
- Breana, a Lifestyle blogger and artist/designer at Breana Quintero
- Kitty, a Lifestyle blogger that I met through Facebook who writes about many important topics including feminism, mental health, and accomplished women at Kitty Writes Stuff
- Charlotte, a Home & Style blogger and fellow cat lover that I met through Facebook as well at Two Cats One Flat
Questions for my Nominees:
- How long have you been blogging?
- What’s one tip/piece of advice you’d give to a new blogger?
- Do you prefer dogs or cats?
- What’s your favourite place you’ve travelled to?
- Where do you live?
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
- List 3 weird things/fun facts about yourself.
- Can you speak another language? If yes, what is it? If no, what is another language you wish you could speak?
- What super hero power would you like to have?
- What’s your all time favourite movie? How many times would you say you’ve watched it?
- What’s your biggest goal you’d like to achieve in your life?
My Favourite Blogger
I’d have to say my favourite blogger is Geneva Vanderzeil from A Pair & a Spare. She started blogging back in 2008 about her crafts and DIY projects and has built herself into so much more! She now has a book published (which I mentioned before is one of my ultimate goals in life) and she created a shoe line of super cute, simple sandals. She started an 8PM-8AM phone ban challenge that I think is brilliant. It means you have to find something else to do with yourself than be on the internet: reading, cooking, spending time with family, pampering yourself with a spa night. All good things. She also has some fantastic posts for how to focus on your audience and track the success of your blog. Overall I think she’s awesome and she inspires me to not give up on my blog because, I mean, look how far she has come!